Watermelon, Quinoa and Feta Salad with Chicken
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 6-8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, shallot and honey to make the dressing. Add salt and pepper, to taste, Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add romaine lettuce and top with chicken, quinoa, watermelon, feta, almonds and basil. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Serving size: ⅙ serving Calories: 280 Fat: 12 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Sodium: 620 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 24 g Cholesterol: 45 mg
Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 3 Proteins, 2 Fats