Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pie
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Vegetable
Serves: 6 servings
This crustless pie is so incredibly simple to make and it's the perfect way to enjoy summer produce!
- • 3 tablespoons butter
- • small yellow onion, diced
- • 2 -3 zucchini, sliced very thin (about 4 cups)
- • 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- • 2 ears sweet corn or 1 (11 oz can Summer Crisp corn, drained)
- • 1 teaspoon dried basil
- • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- • 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add zucchini, and mushrooms and continue to sauté for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob. Add them to the pan and continue to sauté until the veggies are soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in the basil, oregano, salt, cheese, and the beaten eggs. Spray pie plate with nonstick spray. Transfer the mixture to the pan. Arrange the top so the zucchini slices lay flat. Top with a little extra cheese, cover with greased foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes until the top is brown and the middle is set. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.
Calories: 220 Fat: 11 grams Carbohydrates: 14 grams Sodium: 320 mg Fiber: 2 grams Protein: 17 grams Cholesterol: 135 mg