Spicy Orange Beef Stir Fry
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
Savoury, fruity, slightly sour and refreshingly spicy, orange beef stir-fry is a comforting dish that can be easily prepared in your own kitchen.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into ¼ inch strips
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¾ cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Combine garlic, pepper and beef tossing well; set aside.
- Whisk together zest, juice, cornstarch and soy sauce in small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add beef mixture and onions; saute 2 minutes. Add juice mixture; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Serve beef over rice.
Calories: 280 Fat: 7 grams Carbohydrates: 28 grams Sodium: 540 mg Fiber: 2 grams Protein: 26 grams Cholesterol: 40 mg