Spicy Classic Lasagna
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 12 servings
A flavorful and spicy lasagna recipe with layers of cheese, beef, veggies and jalapenos.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (24 oz) jarred marinara pasta sauce
- ⅓ cup jarred sweet pickled jalapeno
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 oz) package no-cook lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and place beef back into the skillet.
- Add tomatoes with green chilies, pasta sauce and jalapenos. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In large 3-qt baking dish, layer ⅓ of sauce on bottom of the casserole. Cover with lasagna noodles. Top with ½ of cottage cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese shreds. Repeat layers ending with meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Calories: 300 Fat: 9 grams Carbohydrates: 26 grams Sugar: 7 grams Sodium: 720 mg Protein: 31 grams Cholesterol: 60 mg