Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
This chicken foil packet is made with a Mexican flair, combining black beans, corn and salsa.
- 4 (5 oz) chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-15 oz black beans drained & rinsed
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 cup diced bell peppers any color
- ¾ cup salsa or 1 can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese or monterey jack
- cilantro tomatoes & jalapenos for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place four large pieces of foil on work surface and spray each with cooking spray. Place 1 chicken breast on each piece of foil and season with chili powder, salt & pepper.
- Divide beans, corn, peppers, and salsa over top of chicken breasts.
- Fold in the ends to seal each packet. Place packets on the grill, vegetable side down for 10 minutes.
- Flip packets over and grill an additional 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and reaches 165°F.
- Place packets on a large baking pan. Carefully open packets and top with cheese. Place the baking pan back on the grill to melt the cheese.
- Top as desired.
Calories: 360 Fat: 8 grams Carbohydrates: 36 grams Sugar: 5 Sodium: 680 mg Fiber: 20 grams Protein: 38 grams Cholesterol: 95 mg