Rice Krispie Pumpkins
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: food
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for any fall gathering or as an easy Halloween dessert
- • ¼ cup butter
- • 1 (16 oz) bag small marshmallows
- • 6 cups Rice Krispies
- • Red & Yellow Liquid Food Coloring
- • 18 Rolos (caramel filled chocolate candy)
- • 18 Green M&M's
- • 2 tablespoons canola oil in a small bowl (to keep mixture from sticking to your hands)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined with the butter.
- Remove from the heat. Add several drops of yellow food coloring, mix it together, then add red food coloring one drop at a time, mixing as you go. Add red/yellow drops until you reach your desired color. Mix well.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
- Coat both sides of your hands with a generous amount of canola oil, and roll the Rice Krispie mixture into 18 balls. Set on parchment paper. Add small amount of oil to your hands after each ball.
- While the balls are still warm, gently press a Rolo into the top of each pumpkin for the stem and add a green M&M beside it as the leaf. Allow to cool or refrigerate until firm.