Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Brunch
Serves: 24 servings
"This great old recipe is moist, spicy and tastes just like Starbucks Pumpkin Bread – only better! If this doesn't put you in the mood for fall – nothing will"
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon each ground nutmeg & ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9x5) inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 65-70 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when top feels firm to the touch and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 270 Fat: 10 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 41 g Sugar: 26 g Sodium: 260 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 3 t Cholesterol: 30 mg