Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
What better way to get your veggies in than with a savory Italian dish like Pasta Primavera.
- 6 cups of your favorite assorted vegetables, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, multi-colored bell peppers, baby-bella mushrooms, spinach, and heirloom tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta (I used lemon pepper from the Farmer’s Market)
- ¼ cup fresh basil cut into strips
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup half & half cream
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare your choice of vegetables by cutting into approximately 1-inch pieces.
- In large Dutch oven or skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, until crisp tender. Stir in basil, lemon juice, and wine; simmer to reduce liquid by about one-half.
- While vegetables are cooking bring water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and cook to al dente. Drain well and add to vegetable mixture.
- Toss with cream and cheese and serve immediately.
- *Adding 2 cups of cooked, diced chicken will give you an additional 20 grams of protein for a total of 4 protein servings.
Calories: 310 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 39 Sodium: 150 Fiber: 3 Protein: 11 Cholesterol: 15