Parmesan Pecan Crusted Chicken
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 6 servings
Put a twist on your weeknight parmesan chicken with pecans!
- 3 (6 oz) chicken breasts, pounded to about ¼ inch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup toasted chopped pecans
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 18 cups of lettuce/spinach mixture
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 ½ cups cucumber, peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
JALAPENO HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapenos (or to taste)
DIRECTIONS FOR CHICKEN:
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, combine mustard, butter and honey. Brush evenly on each chicken breast.
- In separate small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, pecans and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on evenly on chicken breasts and place in 375-degree oven for 20 minutes or until crumbs are browned and chicken is cooked through. Let cool, then slice into strips; set aside.
DIRECTIONS FOR SALAD::
- Place salad ingredients in large bowl with tight fitting lid and gently shake to combine; set aside.
DIRECTIONS FOR DRESSING;
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and shake to distribute evenly.
- Plate evenly onto 6 plates. Top evenly with sliced chicken and serve.
Calories: 390 Fat: 16 grams Carbohydrates: 26 grams Sugar: 15 grams Sodium: 960 mg Fiber: 4 grams Protein: 32 grams Cholesterol: 85 mg