Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 20 servings
Who doesn’t love pound cake?? This delicious pound cake brings the bright, festive flavors of oranges and cranberries stirred into a cake batter that is to die for!
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed, dried and tossed with ½ tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Optional: fresh cranberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F with a rack in the center of the oven. Generously butter and flour a Bundt pan, tapping out excess flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar for 3 minutes on high speed, until pale in color. Add melted butter, canola oil, and vanilla extract mixing between each ingredient.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then mix the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk into the batter on low speed until no flour streaks remain.
- Toss cranberries with ½ Tbsp flour and fold them into the batter along with orange zest.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely before drizzling with orange glaze.
- Prepare glaze while cake is cooling by whisking together powdered sugar and orange juice. It will be a thick pourable consistency. (Add more orange juice to thin out the glaze and more powdered sugar to thicken it, as needed.) Add fresh cranberries for garnish, if desired.
Calories: 240 Fat: 11 grams Carbohydrates: 32 grams Sodium: 200mg Fiber: 0 grams Protein: 1 gram