Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
This meatloaf has been perfected over the years and has the best flavor and consistency of any I've tasted.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1-8 ounce can tomato sauce, reserving ¼ cup
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cavendar's Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Melt butter in medium skillet; add celery and onion and saute until just tender
- In large bowl, stir together celery mixture, ground beef, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, ketchup, and tomato sauce (reserve ¼ cup), and next 4 ingredients.
- Shape into a 10 x 5-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, ¼ cup tomato sauce, tomato paste and 1 tablespoon ketchup until blended; pour evenly over meatloaf, and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 220 Fat: 8 grams Carbohydrates: 13 grams Sodium: 940 mg Fiber: 1 gram Protein: 25 grams Cholesterol: 115 mg