Mustard-Glazed Burger with Mushrooms
Author: Adapted from recipe by Melissa d'Arabian
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 6 servings
Image from foodnetwork.com
- 2 pounds 96% lean ground beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces chopped mushrooms (baby bella or crimini)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 whole wheat buns
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Form the ground beef into 6 burgers; sprinkle with salt and pepper. To make the glaze, mix together the mustard, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Grill the burgers until desired doneness, about 8-10 minutes per side, brushing the burgers with the glaze about halfway through. A minute before removing the burgers from the grill, top with cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until mushrooms are soft, about 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the buns and serve burgers with mushroom topping.
Serving size: 1 Burger Calories: 360 Fat: 12 g Saturated fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 23 g Sodium: 720 mg Fiber: 6 g Protein: 41 g Cholesterol: 102 mg
Exhcanges: 2 Carbohydrates, 5 Proteins, 2 Fats