Mexican Rice Casserole
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 8 servings
his Mexican Rice Casserole is a family favorite dinner and is perfect for busy weeknights.
- • 1 pound very lean ground beef
- • 1 package taco seasoning mix
- • 1 cup rice
- • 1 (12 oz) can tomatoes with green chilies
- • 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place beef in large skillet, crumble and brown until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and stir. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- While ground beef is cooking, prepare rice according to package directions. When rice is ready, add tomatoes and prepared rice to ground beef mixture. Place in casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove foil and bake for 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Calories: 238 Fat: 12 grams Carbohydrates: 18 grams Protein: 11 grams Cholesterol: 41 mg