HealthByJan.com was created out of my passion to help others embrace the reality that good health makes life better. Click the video below to hear me tell why I started Health By Jan!
As you watch the video above, you will see that HealthbyJan.com is a passion project for me. I have given much thought, time and prayer to this next step in my career as a dietitian.
This idea was born out of my years of private practice caring for clients who have not chosen to moderate their lifestyle over the years and now at they are showing up with all kinds of health issues. I know that by making healthy changes diseases born from chronic inflammation such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disease, and gastrointestinal disorders could be avoided managed or even reversed!
It is my undying conviction that good health makes life better. Whether it is physical, spiritual or emotional health, doing what it takes to achieve health is always worth the effort.
My new brand for Health by Jan is a leaning heart. I have chosen that logo because I have come to know that I have been called to love and encourage the people God puts in my path. This passion grows more and more every day as I learn to ‘lean in’ to the grace of Jesus Christ. It is my heart’s desire to spend the next part of my life loving on and pouring into people who are seeking to live their very best life starting today.
I hope you will take time to look through my website, www.healthbyjan.com to see the blogs and recipes I’ve already created for you. I will be sending you a short weekly video blogs that will cover everything from cooking demonstrations, new recipes, interviews with interesting people specializing in all aspects of wellness as well as my perspective on trending health issues.
Be sure to share www.healthbyjan.com with your family, friends and anyone you think would benefit from this life changing information. I look forward to sharing this new journey with you!
Launch Day Recipe!!
Click it! Save it! Cook it!
Author: Jan Tilley
- 1 ½ pounds salmon, cut evenly into six slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 6 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Paul Prudhomme’s Salmon Seasoning (in most grocery stores, if you can’t find it you can use ½ teaspoon each salt and white pepper)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place salmon skin side down on rimmed baking sheet. Season with salmon seasoning. Bake for 12 minutes or to desired degree of doneness; set aside.
- While salmon is cooking, heat large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter, allow to heat then add onion and sauté until transparent. Add mushrooms, cook for another 2 minutes then add garlic and spinach; cook over medium heat, stirring to allow mixture to cook down, then add white wind and allow liquid in mixture to reduce by half.
- Bring temperature to low and stir in whipping cream. Heat through and remove from heat. Adjust seasoning to taste and stir in red pepper flakes.
- Top cooked salmon with spinach mixture and serve.
Calories: 372 Fat: 11.5g Carbohydrates: 4.8g Sodium: 112 mg Protein: 26g