Honey Glazed Meatballs
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
These honey glazed meatballs are sweet, spicy and full of flavor.
- • 2 lb ground beef
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1 tsp salt
- • ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- • 1 egg, slightly beaten
- • ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, optional
- Honey Glaze: Prepare by combining all glaze ingredients; set aside.
- • ¼ cup honey
- • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- • 1 tablespoon hosin sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients and mix well; set aside. Fill small bowl with water, to use for rolling meatballs. Form 2 tbsp at a time into a ball. May add a drop of water in both palms to prevent sticky hands and roll until ball is formed.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet and place in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with ½ of honey glaze, carefully using basting brush to baste all sides. Let cook for another 5 minutes and add remaining glaze. Return to oven and cook for 3 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve over egg noodles or zoodles, if desired.
Calories: 160 Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates: 16 grams Sodium: 660 mg Protein: 17 grams Cholesterol: 70 mg