Serves: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Heinz chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of crushed red chili flakes
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha (adjust to suit your heat preference)
- 4 skin off salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to season
- ½ teaspoon paprika (mild, smoky or spicy)
- ¼ cup chives chopped
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, minced ginger, olive oil, soy sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, red chili flakes and sriracha to combine.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Add salmon fillets to the marinade, turning each to evenly coat in the sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight (if time allows). Preheat oven to 370°F (190°C). Heat an oven proof skillet over medium heat with a small drizzle of oil.
- Sear salmon for 2-3 minutes on both sides, undisturbed, to get nice crust. (You may need to sear in batches depending on the size of your skillet.) Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining salmon.
- Return all salmon fillets to the skillet. Alternatively, transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve warm with chopped chives.
Exchanges: 0.5 Fat; 0 Carbohydrate; 3.5 Protein
Calories: 110 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 0 g Protein: 24 g Cholesterol: 45 mg