Egg Roll in a Bowl
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek Chili Paste, optional
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked (optional)
- In large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Add onion and garlic and continue to cook for about 3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and chili paste. Cover and cook until cabbage is wilted. Remove cover, sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve warm over brown rice, if desired.
Exchanges: 1 Fat; 0.5 Carbohydrate; 4 Protein
Calories: 180 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 8 g Sodium: 300 mg Protein: 27 g Cholesterol: 75 mg