Easy Lemon Chicken Picatta
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
You won’t believe how quick and simple this is with ingredients you already have on hand! Serve with pasta and you’re set!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (7-8 oz each)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups angel hair pasta, optional
- Slice chicken breast in half lengthwise. Flatten each piece of chicken to ¼-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine eggs, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. In separate shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown the chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm in 350 degree oven while making the sauce.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a rolling boil,uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth.
- Remove chicken from oven and drizzle sauce over chicken to serve..
- May serve over angel hair pasta, if desired.
Calories: 300 Fat: 19 grams Carbohydrates: 3 grams Sugar: 1 gram Sodium: 570 mg Protein: 29 grams Cholesterol: 180 mg