Banana Split on a Stick
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 servings
These are fun treats to serve up to the kiddos after a fun day in the pool during the summer months. Recipe adapted from Our Family of Seven.
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 6 strawberries
- 1 cup dipping chocolate
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 12 skewers
- Cut strawberries in half.
- For each strawberry half, cut an equal size piece of banana and pineapple.
- Place pineapple on first, then banana and lastly strawberry.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Line a tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Put chopped nuts in small plate to use for dipping.
- Melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth
- Dip cold fruit in chocolate, then into nuts, then place on prepared tray. Return to freezer until just before ready to eat