Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Author: Jan Tilley
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 6 servings
This yummy casserole can easily be thrown together in less than 10 minutes! A 6-ingredient dinner sure to please any palate!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 ounces lite cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel tomatoes, partially drained
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese shreds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium skillet over low heat combine cream cheese, 1 cup of salsa verde and Rotel tomatoes. Let cream cheese melt, then gently stir in chicken and set aside.
- Spread remaining ½ cup salsa verde on bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Layer with half the tortillas, ½ chicken mixture and ½ cheese. Repeat layers with remaining 4 tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Optional: I add a layer of sweet hot jalapenos to make mine extra spicy!
Calories: 350 Fat: 16 grams Carbohydrates: 23 grams Sodium: 830 mg Fiber: 2 grams Protein: 26 grams